Monday, June 18, 2012

Day 7 Post-Op update

Day 7 Post-Op update.

1 week ago today at this time I was up and ready to go. I had to be at the hospital at 10AM. I've come a long way in a year as there was very little if any anxiety building about what I was facing.

The anxiety did finally kick in as I was transported to pre-op. But as usual all the pre-op stuff hurt more than the surgery itself and even that was mild. Once I was transported into the operating room it was only a matter of a few minutes and I was in lala land. The next thing I knew I woke up in ICU and it was all over but the recovery process. I never felt a thing. The miracle of modern medicine.

So today I can tell you all that I have made a significant improvement over even yesterday. Yes I am still sore, but only slightly. Absolutely no pain and very little discomfort.

One more week with the catheter and then I will even be more back to normal.

So if you or anyone you know is about to face some serious surgery and they are stressed about it give them my name and phone number and I will be glad to tell them about my experiences. Before last years bypass surgery I was the biggest baby in the world. Now after surviving 2 major surgeries in a little over 1 year. I know know I can face anything thrown my way. I hope I am done for several years, but one never knows. 

More later.


No comments:

Post a Comment