Wednesday, May 23, 2012

The Health Care Scandal In North Carolina as reported by the News and Observer

On Sunday April 22nd I opened the Sunday Paper to read a headline in all capital letters that really caught my eye "MAJOR HOSPITALS PILE UP THE CASH". The sub headline reads "They are nonprofits in name, but not in practice. How your hospital helps drive up the cost of health care.".

I immediately read the article and was overwhelmed with all kinds of emotion as it was all so true and everything that I had lived the prior year. It was the 1st of a 5 part series that exposed every scenario that has happened to me in the past year + with my major health issues. It really hit home hard. I only hope that it helped my Attorney in negotiating a settlement with Duke. And yes Duke is one of the biggest offenders.

Basically the Hospitals In North Carolina are no better than the Banks and Oil Companies. They are all greedy. The top executives are making millions of dollars in salaries. They are registered as not for profit meaning that they get mega millions of dollars in tax breaks yet they are making mega millions of dollars in profits. All at the expense of the little guy. It makes me sick.

I have captured all the articles that were published by the New and Observer. I have published everything on my website along with some other interesting articles related to Health Insurance and Health Care as we get older and what we need to do prior to retiring.  Well worth reading.

This is what is going on in North Carolina. What is going on in your state? Probably the same thing.

As always comments are welcome.

http://danno.net/health_care.htm


No comments:

Post a Comment